God fearing is not admirable

I absolutely abhor hearing someone say they are god fearing. Upon hearing this I immediately recognize your morality as being dictated to you without questioning your own character as being weak or strong.

You say this meaning you are good and follow a higher power that has shown you some better way but what you mean is if there was no fear of punishment you'd easily succumb to the very things preached into yourself that you shall not do.

I choose my morality based on my roles in life and my understanding of immediate and lasting consequences as they relate to others and this isn't always so black and white. Whether you realize this or not, you do this too and I now am the same as you. So why fear God? Why not own your actions and be good based on something else. Call it faith, call it good or justify your reasoning, just don't fear your God.

Love yourselves, love others, pick someone you love and be good because you love being good. Be neutral, be fluid, and understand why you do what you do. Don't fear or instill fear in others and represent your morality in your thoughts, words, and actions.

Please stop fearing your God. You sound like a huge mindless dick when you say you do things out of fear.  Try saying, "I'm a God loving person," instead. Try it, see how you feel.

Oh, and don't be a dick.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Press a Button get a Beer or How the Military Made me a Killer.

Dear Sun

Relentlessly pursing better